I Think Dunkin Donuts is Too Expensive

My husband and I took a drive to our local Dunkin' Donuts this past Friday night, just to get out of the house. We went down for a cup of coffee. Perhaps a latte. We drink coffee in the morning, which we make ourselves and if we do purchase coffee while out in town, we'll generally do so at a nearby gas station (that's rare though). They offer a few different flavors and it's very good. The only reason we went out to Dunkin' Donuts was because we live nearby and we've been feeling cramped lately due to the Coronavirus restrictions. We wanted to shake things up a bit.

Anyway, we were the only ones in the store. I didn't look too closely at the prices because I was trying to decide what I wanted to order. My husband and I decided on two lattes. We don't drink those ever, so we treated ourselves. We made the order (mediums), received the cups and paid. I took my first sip and reported that it was okay. It actually tasted sort of burnt, like the employees didn't wash out the coffee pots. The upsetting part was that after my husband paid, he informed me that these medium sized cups of coffee cost just over $4 each. Yes, you read that correctly. I can honestly say that we'll never be going back to Dunkin' Donuts. Especially not for coffee. I've never felt so ripped off in all my life. Who on earth pays over $4 for a cup of coffee? Us, I guess.

There, I'm done with my rant.

Here's an update for you. My husband and I gave up on Dunkin' Donuts (there's just something I don't like about the place) and we went through the McDonalds drive through last night instead. We got two medium sized regular coffees. They made a mistake and gave us one large and one medium. They were $1 each. I guess they're having a sale or something. I haven't been to a McDonalds in about ten years. Boy have things changed a lot. Everything is electronic. Anyway, the drive-through process was easy enough and the coffee was decent. We may upgrade next time and get something fancy, like a latte or frappe or something like that. I just wanted to tell you this. McDonalds is now preferred over Dunkin'.