Rinnai EX38CTP Direct Vent Wall Furnace Flexible Hose Size

JGaulard

Staff member
I just got a comment on my blog about the flexible hose size for the Rinnai EX38CTP direct vent propane wall furnace that I had installed in my house a few years ago. Basically, the visitor asked how long the flexible hose that gets attached to the gas valve (from the outside propane line) is. This is the hose that comes from the gas valve and then gets attached to the unit itself. When I answered this question in the post on my blog, I mentioned that the hose probably came with the Rinnai unit and I suggested that he look at the parts list for that to find the answer. I actually didn't install this furnace, so I'm not sure what the precise length of the hose is. But now though, after thinking about it and looking at the photos, I'm pretty sure that hose didn't come with the unit, but was probably brought by the installer. I had everything installed by Bob's Cash Fuel in Madison, Maine. Awesome job. Very efficient and clean. I highly recommend this installer, whomever it was.

Anyway, as mentioned in the comment, it appears that the hose is about 18 inches long. It can possibly be 24 inches, but I really don't think it is. I measured the boards on the wall and four pieces measure 21 inches. Do they make 20 inch flexible propane hoses? If they do, I would say it's that. You can check out the pictures in the post if you're interested.

Does anyone know how long the flexible propane hose should be for the Rinnai EX28CTP direct vent wall furnace? It sure would help.

CraigHardy

Does anyone know how long the flexible propane hose should be for the Rinnai EX28CTP direct vent wall furnace? It sure would help.
Well I'm looking at the listings page at HomeDepot.com for gas lines and I'm seeing the shortest one is 18 inches and then they go up to 24, 48, 60, and all the way to 72 inches. I got bored after that, so I stopped looking. Personally, I would go with a 24 inch hose. If you measured the four boards on your wall and they equal 21 inches and the hose is a bit longer than them, it can't be 18 inches. Go with 24.