What's the Best Beard Care Kit?

CraigHardy

It was my birthday in September and my lady spoiled me with a pretty awesome beard care kit. It's put out by Viking Revolution and it's called the Ultimate Beard Care Kit. It's pretty nice. I'll include some photos of it below. Just click on the thumbnails to see them larger. Anyway, this kit comes stocked with some beard oil, beard balm, a comb, a brush, and a pair of scissors. Everything fits nicely into its spot in the foam inside the tin, but oddly enough, there's a very small black plastic comb that doesn't have a spot. I'm not sure if someone threw that in as an extra or what, but it was hidden beneath the scissors. It's cool though because I use that small comb to help trim my mustache.

I really like this kit. The beard oil is velvety and smooth and the balm smells great. I generally don't oil or balm my beard, but I have recently begun when I'm trying to look presentable. Plus, I just like the smell and appearance of my beard when I apply some of the balm. It's almost lemony, if that makes sense. I'm just not sure how much I'm supposed to apply yet. I'll figure that out.

So here's my question. Have you ever purchased a beard care kit? If so, which one? Did/do you like it? How much did it cost? What did it include? Do you have any photos? I'd love to see what yours looks like.

I do want to mention on thing before I wrap this up. After applying the oil and the balm, I did notice that I got two small zits right above my mustache. I can't say if this was caused by the oil or balm yet because I also worked out and got all sweaty the same day. That usually causes some issues on my skin if I don't shower right away, so that may be the culprit. I wouldn't doubt the oil was the cause either though because I obviously have sensitive skin. Ever here of this? Has beard oil ever given you zits? This has had to have happened to someone else out there. Let me know.

Attachments

• beard-care-kit-tools.jpg
    beard-care-kit-tools.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 5
  • viking-revolution-beard-care-kit.jpg
    viking-revolution-beard-care-kit.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 5
  • viking-revolution-box.jpg
    viking-revolution-box.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 4

CraigHardy

Oh yeah...here's a good review of the same exact kit I got as my present. This dude will explain everything in it.