Geodesic Solutions GeoCore Software - What's Going On?

1kiwi1

Reaction score
Just an FYI. We at forum.geolancer.net and geolancer.net (3rd Party Developer) have nearly completed updating the geodesicsolutions script for compatibity with php7.4 to php8 which is more dependent on Smarty bringing their latest versions up to php8 compatibility. Changelog includes latest Smarty, Adodb libraries etc. We have eliminated the licensing server and ioncube dependency. If people still want ioncube it may be run encrypted. Thanks.

codemiles

Reaction score
Just an FYI. We at forum.geolancer.net and geolancer.net (3rd Party Developer) have nearly completed updating the geodesicsolutions script for compatibity with php7.4 to php8 which is more dependent on Smarty bringing their latest versions up to php8 compatibility. Changelog includes latest Smarty, Adodb libraries etc. We have eliminated the licensing server and ioncube dependency. If people still want ioncube it may be run encrypted. Thanks.
Are you saying "No Encrypted code anymore or dependency on license validation?"

1kiwi1

Reaction score
Licensee's can use their site with or without ioncube, that has always been an option. Because Geo's server went "MIA", there are now a few unlock options provided by a handful of developers. The important take away is that geocore will run on php8, and from there we will expand features. Thanks.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The folks at Flynax sent this into us:

Hello Guys,

We were really surprised to learn that the Geodesic Company no longer provides supports to their customers and that their classifieds website is gone. This is really frustrating. Of course, nothing lasts forever. We believe they could have let their customers know about their decision to go out of the business, just out of courtesy.

We know that it is not that easy to move to another script especially if you run a classified site with a custom design and functionality. Anyway, Flynax Company offers to all Geodesic customers to switch over to our classified script, which offers the same functionality and even more. Actually, we're quite experienced in importing Geodesic DBs to Flynax. So if you take interest in Flynax as a Geodesic alternative then email us at [email protected] and we'll see what we can do for you.

vicos

Reaction score
I just conversed with one of the prior devs on FB the other day. He confirmed that you can not upgrade from an old version to a newer one w/o the license server working (my situation). He also advised that he had an unlocked version of the code that he wants to release to users. However, he won't do so w/o the owner's permission; in case they sell the product to someone else. Problem is, the owner(s) stopped responding to anyone some time ago.

I told him that if he would give me the owners name and town of residence, I would be happy to send him a nice registered letter asking him to please help his customers (registered only as proof of receipt). Anyway, at this point the dev ghosted me.

I'll take @1kiwi1 lead and check over there for further assistance.

So happy this thread exists as a rallying point.

P.S. Is this the company?:

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/bedford/profile/computer-hardware/geodesic-solutions-llc-0825-235965903

I remember them being in Texas, but not sure if that was the town.

JGaulard

Staff member
Reaction score
I just conversed with one of the prior devs on FB the other day. He confirmed that you can not upgrade from an old version to a newer one w/o the license server working (my situation). He also advised that he had an unlocked version of the code that he wants to release to users. However, he won't do so w/o the owner's permission; in case they sell the product to someone else. Problem is, the owner(s) stopped responding to anyone some time ago.

I told him that if he would give me the owners name and town of residence, I would be happy to send him a nice registered letter asking him to please help his customers (registered only as proof of receipt). Anyway, at this point the dev ghosted me.

I'll take @1kiwi1 lead and check over there for further assistance.

So happy this thread exists as a rallying point.

P.S. Is this the company?:

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/bedford/profile/computer-hardware/geodesic-solutions-llc-0825-235965903

I remember them being in Texas, but not sure if that was the town.
Here, I pulled this off the WayBackMachine for you. It's Geo's about page from March of 2016.

Attachments

• geodesicsolutions.gif
    geodesicsolutions.gif
    346.3 KB · Views: 4

vicos

Reaction score
Yes, I remember that page and those names. Rob was the one who posted in the forums that they weren't going anywhere and if they did, they had plans to release the "key" to users. The name on the BBB site is completely different. Hmmm.

Geodesic Solutions GeoCore Software - What's Going On? was posted on 10-22-2020 by JDJ in the Tech Forum forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSAK