White Bean & Vegetable Soup Recipe

JodyBuchanan

Reaction score
When I first took a look at the ingredients for this recipe, I said, "Oh, that's pretty straightforward." I thought the finished product was going to taste like a regular ol' vegetable soup. It sort of does, but as I was eating some last night, I said, "That's actually quite good!" There's something to this soup that has a refined taste to it. I suspect it's got to do with the garlic, pesto, and the flavor of the beans. The beans are delicate and the soup has just the right amount of robustness to it that I have a feeling I'll remember it for a while. Good thing I made a large pot of it as I'll be eating leftovers for a few nights.

To prepare this vegetable and bean soup, you'll need to use the following:

Ingredients

Serves: 4

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Celery Stalks, Chopped
2 Leeks, Sliced into Rounds
3 Carrots, Sliced into Rounds
2 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
14 Ounce Can of Diced Tomatoes
1 Tablespoon Basil, Chopped
5 Cups Vegetable Broth
14 Ounce Can of White Beans, Drained (Cannellini, Great Northern, Navy)
1 Tablespoon Pesto
1 Teaspoon Salt or to Taste
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
Parmesan Cheese Shavings to Serve

Instructions

1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add in the celery, leeks, carrots, and garlic and cook while stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until the leeks and celery begin to soften a bit. If the vegetables begin to brown some, that's all the better. That browning adds a lot of flavor.

2. Add the canned tomatoes and the vegetable broth and increase the heat to high to bring the liquid to a boil. Once there's a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and let simmer for about 15 minutes.

3. Add the beans, pesto, basil, salt, and pepper and let simmer uncovered for about five more minutes.

4. To serve, add some soup to bowls and sprinkle some Parmesan shavings on top. Enjoy!

Attachments

• vegetable-white-bean-soup.jpg
    vegetable-white-bean-soup.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 7
White Bean & Vegetable Soup Recipe was posted on 11-24-2020 by JodyBuchanan in the Cooking forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSAK