The Complete Guide to Digital Photography

WendyMay

Reaction score
I recently purchased a few books on digital photography and photography in general. One is called Digital Photography Complete Course: Learn Everything You Need to Know in 20 Weeks. While I'm already a fairly skilled and avid photographer, there is always something new to learn, especially when it comes to operating digital cameras. Although this type of camera has been around for decades, it's striking how few people truly know how theirs works. Part of the problem lies with the fact that simply setting the camera to auto has the potential for taking absolutely incredible photos. Many cameras these days are sold as kits, which include the camera and lens as well as a few other parts. All too often the buyer attaches the lens to the camera after purchase, sets the camera so it'll do all the work by itself, and then goes out to enjoy themselves while snapping away at scenes. I've known more people than I'd like to admit who have never moved past this stage. Why would they? If an electronic device is offering wonderful results, why in the world would anyone change that? I'll tell you why. Because by taking control of your equipment, the scene, the camera's settings, and how shots are taken, you're opening up an entirely new world of photographic exploration. Auto can never give a person what I like to call purposeful photography. Say you want to take night shots. Can auto do that? How about shots with heavy bokeh in the background? Where's auto for that? Car tail light trails? Auto? Where is it? There are a million different angles you can take when you learn about the power of your camera as well as all that's involved in setting a scene and utilizing your equipment to its fullest. And the best part is, everything you need to learn is so easy. Yes, it's intimidating. I'll grant you that. But that intimidation isn't justified in the least. Pretty much everything you need to learn about cameras, gear, and photography can be taken one small step at a time.

In this forum, I'll share everything I learn in the books I just purchased as well as everything I already know. If there's something you'd like more information on, please don't hesitate to ask. Simply register for an account and jump into the fray. You are very welcome here.

PS - I write daily, so this thread will be growing at a steady rate. If you don't see something you're interested in right now, there's a good chance you'll see it in the future. To receive notifications that tell you this forum has been updated, all you need to do is click the Watch button above.

The Complete Guide to Digital Photography was posted on 12-31-2020 by WendyMay in the Photography Forum forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSAK