Creamed Kale Recipe

JodyBuchanan

Creamed Kale Recipe

Thanks to Bobby Flay and the Food Network, we'll be enjoying a side of creamed kale this Thanksgiving Day. Actually, to be precise, we'll be enjoying creamed kale and Swiss chard today. I grew tons of both this garden season and decided to use some of them up for this recipe. They've been sitting in my freezer for a while just waiting for an occasion such as this.

Making creamed kale is super easy. I would say the entire process consumes approximately ten minutes, start to finish. What's most important is that you cut down your kale into very small pieces, as it's never fun to encounter a piece that reminds you of spaghetti. The smaller, the better.

Overall, this is a simple, yet delicious side dish that's perfect for just about any occasion. I've made this for birthdays, Christmas, and now Thanksgiving. It's always a hit.

Ingredients

2 Pounds Kale, Chopped (center stalks removed if you want)
4 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1 Cup Heavy Cream or Canned Coconut Milk

Instructions

1. Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and the kale to it and cook until the kale is completely wilted. This will most likely take about ten minutes.

2. Add the nutmeg, salt, pepper, and heavy cream. Stir all the ingredients well. Cover the skillet and let everything cook for about five minutes.

To serve, simply divide between bowls or places and enjoy! That's it, you're done. It was that easy. Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

Attachments

• creamed-kale-recipe.jpg
    creamed-kale-recipe.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 1
  • thanksgiving-creamed-kale.jpg
    thanksgiving-creamed-kale.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator: