Carrot, Cauliflower, & Mushroom Stuffing Recipe

JodyBuchanan

Carrot, Cauliflower, & Mushroom Stuffing Recipe

For all you vegetarians or gluten sensitive folks out there who love traditional Thanksgiving Day stuffing, I've got a treat for you. This is a recipe that I've been making for a few years now on both Thanksgiving and Christmas and it's been a big hit with family and guests alike. It's full of flavor and it's got tons of vegetables in it. While it's not completely a substitute for regular bread stuffing, I think you'll enjoy it just as much. There's a lot going on with both the texture and the flavor. This is a good one.

Ingredients

Serves: 6-8

1/2 Stick Butter
2 Medium Sized Onions, Peeled and Chopped
3 Carrots, Peeled and Chopped
3 Celery Stalks, Chopped
1 Head of Cauliflower, Chopped (or equivalent amount frozen)
1 Cup Mushrooms, Chopped (or frozen or canned, drained)
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1/4 Cup Parsley, Chopped
1/4 Cup Scallions, Chopped
1 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
1 Teaspoon Ground Sage
1/2 Cup Vegetable Broth

Instructions

1. Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, onions, carrots, celery, cauliflower, and mushroom to it and cook, while stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until the veggies have softened a bit.

2. Add the salt, pepper, parsley, scallions, rosemary, sage, and broth and continue cooking. Cover the pan and let everything cook for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables have completely softened.

And that's it! I think you'll enjoy this side dish a lot. To serve, simply divide between bowls or plates. If you wanted to get really fancy, you could sprinkle some fresh scallions and parsley on top of each serving. Let me know what you think of this recipe.

Attachments

• carrot-cauliflower-mushroom-stuffing-recipe.jpg
    carrot-cauliflower-mushroom-stuffing-recipe.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 1
  • thanksgiving-vegetarian-stuffing.jpg
    thanksgiving-vegetarian-stuffing.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator: