Cranberry & Apple Chutney Recipe

JodyBuchanan

Cranberry & Apple Chutney Recipe

When I was a kid, like so many other families, my family used to eat cranberry sauce from a can on Thanksgiving. This is sort of a tradition about the United States. We're all very familiar with that canned cranberry sauce. After I moved out of my parents' house and began living with my partner, we decided to up the game a bit when it came to cranberries on Thanksgiving. That's when I found a wonderful recipe for cranberry and apple chutney. This recipe takes things up to an entirely other level. I mean, this is what you want to prepare for the big day, especially if you have guests. It'll knock their socks off. It's so good.

Ingredients

4 Cups Frozen Cranberries (1 small bag)
2 Large Apples, Chopped
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
Zest from 1 Orange (see hint below)
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ground All Spice
1 Cup Water

Instructions

1. Add all ingredients to a large skillet and place that skillet over high heat on your stove top. If you'd like to substitute a tablespoon or two of frozen orange juice concentrate for the orange zest, that's definitely doable.

2. Once the liquid in the skillet begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pan. Let the ingredients cook for about 25 minutes. During this time, everything should soften and the sauce should thicken.

3. At the end of the cook time, if you find that the liquid is too loose, simply increase the heat on the stove top some and continue cooking with no lid on. That should evaporate some of the water.

And that's it! Divide among bowls or plates and enjoy! Let me know what you think of this recipe.

Attachments

• cranberry-apple-chutney-recipe.jpg
    cranberry-apple-chutney-recipe.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 0
  • thanksgiving-cranberry-apple-chutney.jpg
    thanksgiving-cranberry-apple-chutney.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator: