Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe

JodyBuchanan

JodyBuchanan

Reaction score
Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe

If you're looking for the world's best mashed sweet potato recipe, you have just found it. I have been using this recipe for a good long time and while it's not a healthy side dish, you will get rave reviews. Trust me. This is one of the best. It's very flavorful, sweet, and creamy. Everything you want in a wonderful side dish like this. I also want to mention that I snapped the below photos while I was cooking last night. I didn't add any extra butter or garnish to jazz things up so they're cookbook quality, but I wanted to give you an idea of what you can expect this dish to look like.

Ingredients

6 Good Sized Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Cut into 1 Inch Pieces
3/4 Cup Light Cream
1 Stick of Butter, Plus More for Serving
1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Honey
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon All Spice
1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
Small Bunch Chives, Chopped, for Serving

Instructions

1. Fill a pot about half way with water. Add the one tablespoon of salt to it. Bring to a boil over high heat on your stove top.

2. Cook the potatoes for about 30 minutes or until they're soft enough to easily push a fork through them. When that happens, turn off the heat and drain the water from the pot, leaving the potatoes behind.

3. Mash the sweet potatoes right in the pot. Be sure to remove the pot from your stove top first so you don't damage anything. Half way through, add the cream, butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, all spice, ginger, nutmeg, one teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Keep mashing until all the ingredients are evenly combined. Give the result a taste to see if you need to add any more salt. If so, do so.

4. To serve, divide between bowls or plates and add a blob of butter to each. Also, sprinkle some chives on each serving as well. You'll love it. Enjoy!

Attachments

• mashed-sweet-potato-recipe.jpg
    mashed-sweet-potato-recipe.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 0
  • thanksgiving-mashed-sweet-potatoes.jpg
    thanksgiving-mashed-sweet-potatoes.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe was posted on 11-26-2020 by JodyBuchanan in the Cooking forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
[email protected]
Site by Gaulard.com.