Why Won't My Amazon Affiliate Ads Show?

WendyMay

Reaction score
I am having a weird issue. About three days ago, I placed some native shopping affiliate ads from my Amazon Associates account on two blogs that I own. I figured that the ads would appear on the pages instantly. Well, they didn't. I looked around a bit to see if I could find out why they weren't showing up and found a discovered a few answers. First, there needs to be enough good content on the pages for Amazon to crawl. If they have products that match the content, then they'll show ads. I placed the ads completely across my blogs, which contain thousands of pages and they're showing up nowhere. I don't think that's the issue.

I then found that these ads can take some time to appear. It's been three days. I'd say that's enough time. I checked the ad code a number of times and even swapped out what I initially put in for another type of code. Same thing. Nothing showed up. I'm at a loss. I am beginning to wonder if Amazon has placed my affiliate account on hold or something because I haven't used it in a few months. That doesn't seem likely though. I also found a few sites where others are having similar problems. Here's one:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/amazon-native-ads-not-showing/

Does anyone have any suggestions?

JGaulard

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions?
If you used an old saved native shopping ad that you haven't used for some time, try creating a new ad and using that code instead. Amazon Affiliates is weird this way.

WendyMay

Reaction score
Thank you! That worked. I just made a new ad and put that code on my sites and now the ads are showing. I appreciate it.

Why Won't My Amazon Affiliate Ads Show? was posted on 08-11-2020 by WendyMay in the Tech Forum forum.