How to Remove Weather from Windows 10 Taskbar

• Thread starter KristinaW
  • Start date
KristinaW

KristinaW

I noticed something horrific the other day. After my Windows 10 computer went through an update, a new widget type thing appeared in my taskbar. The widget tells the current weather in the taskbar itself and when I click on it, it displays the both the news as well as the weather. I first noticed this when it was installed, but didn't really care, but what annoyed me today was how the weather said that it was 67 degrees and sunny while it was raining outside my window. Plus, I really don't think I need to be brainwashed by reading any more internet news. It's bad enough as it is without being forced in my face. Here's an example of the new taskbar news and weather widget when I click on it:

windows-10-weather-news-widget-taskbar.gif

My question is, how do I get rid of the weather from my Windows 10 taskbar? How do I turn the widget off?

JodyBuchanan

JodyBuchanan

To turn off Windows 10 news and interests, all you need to do is right-click anywhere on your taskbar and wait for the menu to appear. Roll your mouse over News and Interests and then click the Turn Off option. When you do this, News and Interests (and weather) should disappear from your taskbar. To turn it back on again so it appears once more, simply follow the same instructions. When you click the Turn Off option this time, the check mark should disappear, indicating that the feature has been restored.

turn-off-windows-10-news-interests.gif

How to Remove Weather from Windows 10 Taskbar was posted on 06-15-2021 by KristinaW in the Tech Forum forum.