Alternatives for Google Bookmarks?

• Thread starter 15Katey
  • Start date
15Katey

15Katey

I use Google Bookmarks for my homepage. I have done this for years. It's nice because I have all of my normally visited websites listed right there on one page. Well, this morning I was greeted by a message that reads: After September 30th 2021, Google Bookmarks will no longer be supported. To save your bookmarks, click on "Export bookmarks". So there goes that. Another awesome Google product to dissolve into the sands of time. I should never have gotten too used to it in the first place. I guess it wasn't a popular service for the wider world, but I enjoyed it.

Does anyone know an alternative bookmark service or website? I actually found Google Bookmarks years ago after my previous service was discontinued. If memory serves, that was iGoogle. Now that was a good one that I miss terribly. Anyone know anything else I could use? Something that's similar to Google Bookmarks?

KristinaW

KristinaW

Yeah, I'm bummed about this. Not that Bookmarks was the greatest or anything, but rather that I used it as my homepage. Now I have to find a new homepage. That'll be weird. I never thought any one site was worthy of having my look at it every single day.

What I liked most about Google Bookmarks was that I could access it from any device and all of my saved sites would be there, no matter which browser I was using. I suppose I could just create a bookmarks folder up in the toolbar of Chrome and use Chrome exclusively to browse. That way, those bookmarks would again be available on any device, as long as I'm running Chrome. That's probably the best way to go. I've actually already begun moving my saves sites there.

I wonder if there are any bookmark apps out there. That would be something someone could make that would be pretty popular. Also, I suppose you could use Google Sheets to list favorite sites, but I can see that that would become complicated quickly.

Alternatives for Google Bookmarks? was posted on 07-20-2021 by 15Katey in the Tech Forum forum.