How Do I Lock My BMW 328xi Trunk?

KodyWallice

KodyWallice

Reaction score
There's got to be a way to manually lock my car's trunk, but I can't seem to find that way. I was under the impression that all cars today have what's called a "valet trunk lock" where the owner of the car can manually lock their trunk somewhere by using a physical key. I'm not sure if all cars have physical keys today, so the locking may be manually done. For the life of me though, I can's seem to find a way to lock my 2009 BMW 328XI's trunk. Any suggestions? Does anyone know how to do this? Is it even possible?

JodyBuchanan

JodyBuchanan

Reaction score
KodyWallice said:
There's got to be a way to manually lock my car's trunk, but I can't seem to find that way. I was under the impression that all cars today have what's called a "valet trunk lock" where the owner of the car can manually lock their trunk somewhere by using a physical key. I'm not sure if all cars have physical keys today, so the locking may be manually done. For the life of me though, I can's seem to find a way to lock my 2009 BMW 328XI's trunk. Any suggestions? Does anyone know how to do this? Is it even possible?
It's in the glove box, or as some call it, the glove compartment. Open the box and look straight inside it. The lock will be located in the upper left corner. It's a switch that gets pushed to the left or right. When you want to lock your truck, open the glove compartment and push the switch to the locked position. Then, close the compartment and lock it with the physical key that's located inside of your key fob.

KodyWallice

KodyWallice

Reaction score
Thank you! Yes! You are correct. I found it and just snapped some photos in case anyone else would like to see what the lock and location looks like. Here are the pics:

This is the glove compartment handle and key lock.

bmw-glove-compartment-handle-lock.jpg

This is the manual trunk lock switch that's located inside of the glove box. Just like you said, the upper left corner.

bmw-328xi-truck-lock-glove-box.jpg

This is my fob with the physical key sticking half way out of it. I guess it's become disgustingly dirty through the years of sitting in my pocket.

bmw-fob-key.jpg

And here's the physical key itself.

bmw-physical-key.jpg

After manually locking the trunk, lock the glove box.

bmw-physical-key-in-glove-box.jpg

I did a bit of searching around and found that this manual trunk lock switch may also be located inside of the center console, so if yours isn't in the glovebox, it may be in there. If it is, the console itself will be lockable, just like the glove box is. Mine isn't. The console is just a regular flip up style.

How Do I Lock My BMW 328xi Trunk? was posted on 08-19-2021 by KodyWallice in the Motor Forum forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
[email protected]
Site by Gaulard.com.