Frigidaire Dishwasher Installation

LukeLewis

Reaction score
Today was a good day to install a new dishwasher. Good thing too, because our new one showed up this morning. I would say this has been a long time coming and something that almost didn’t happen. Luckily, while we were in the kitchen place in December, we made the decision to get one. I think it was the right choice. The strangest thing is now I feel like I’m living in my mother’s house. The kitchen feels so “legitimate.” I mean, we are so used to washing dishes by hand…I guess I just feel spoiled, that’s all. Even the sound of the dishwasher feels like when I was growing up. You know the feeling…having a conversation while wiping down the counter tops at night, listening to the hum of the dishwasher. It’s weird.

Okay, so here are some photos of the installation. I would first like to say thank you to my friends who offered to come over and help install this beast. It needed to be wired and plumbed, but when I found out how easy everything easy to do myself, I just couldn’t help it. Onto the pictures…

frigidaire-dishwasher.jpg

This is the Frigidaire dishwasher we got. It is a no frills model. We got it for $230, which was the cheapest one in the store. I asked the sales guy what the difference was between this one and the others and he told me basically features and sound dampening. I told him we would take this one. I don’t need the thing to scratch my back, I need it to clean the dishes.

dishwasher-water-inlet-feed.jpg

This is the hot water feed that comes from under the sink right next door. This fitting came with the dishwasher installation kit I bought from Home Depot.

dishwasher-water-feed-connection.jpg

This is the rest of the kit (braided hose) after it is all together. Sorry for the blurriness.

dishwasher-drain-hose.jpg

This clear hose is the drain hose that goes up and over the dishwasher and then attached to my drain hose I bought last week. I clamped the two together with a fitting.

dishwasher-wiring.jpg

This is the wiring I ran from the breaker box, under the house and up through the floor in back of the dishwasher. The wires just attach to the two wires that come with the dishwasher. The ground gets screwed right to the dishwasher. The wiring is attached to a 20AMP circuit breaker in the box. It’s very simple.

underneath-dishwasher.jpg

Here is a nice view of underneath the dishwasher, if anyone cares.

dishwasher-water-feed-fitting-valve.jpg

This is the fitting I got the other day. I talk about it in this post.

installed-frigidaire-dishwasher.jpg

This is the almost finished product. All I have to do now is to put the base plate back on and peel the protective film off the black door. We already ran two loads in this bad boy and are very pleased. For a dishwasher with virtually no sound insulation, it’s fairly quiet. It doesn’t use much water at all and does a great job cleaning the dishes and silverware.

LukeLewis

Reaction score

Dishwasher Under Sink Plumbing​

This post should have gone first above, as what I shared is earlier in the sequence of events.

Ever since I went out this past Saturday and purchased a new dishwasher, I have been preparing for its delivery and installation. The appliance store will be doing the delivery and I will be doing the installation.

Setting everything up is actually pretty fun. This post is about the plumbing part of it. Here are a few photos to get things kicked off. It’s simpler than one might think…

dishwasher-water-feed-drain-hose-under-sink.jpg

The first thing I did was to drill two holes in under the sink in the wall facing the dishwasher. In this photo, you see four holes. That’s because I drilled the two upper holes first. Then, I thought for a little while. I figured that I had no idea what the back of this new dishwasher was going to look like and how tight the fit was going to be. Those two first holes may be too high and go right into the side of the dishwasher “tub.” I then thought that it would be a better idea to drill two holes in the floor of the sink cabinet and then out the side down below. I know the tub part sits up a few inches, so this should clear everything. For now, these two hoses don’t go to anything, since the dishwasher isn’t here yet, but just in case you were curious, the fat hose is the drain hose and the braided one is the hot water feed.

dishwasher-drain-hose-attached-to-pipe.jpg

This next picture is of the drain hose hooked up to the sink drain. This was pretty simple to install. Lowe’s and Home Depot sell these pieces of pipe with the drain spout sticking out. All I did was to remove the existing pipe and trim (cut) the new one to length. Then, I popped it in and hooked up the hose with a hose clamp. On the inside of the pipe is sort of a “shield” so the water will only go in one direction. Pretty nifty.

dishwasher-t-fitting.jpg

This is a photo of the hot water feed that is currently connected and the new braided hose with the “T” connector. Lowe’s and Home Depot sell these connectors especially made for this. I am going to connect the white hot water hose in the back to the top part of this T. That will also give that white hose some slack.

That’s about it for the plumbing part of the dishwasher preparation. All that’s left is the electrical and the actual dishwasher installation. I will share when they are finished.

EmeraldHike

Reaction score
I found this page on google when trying to get help on installing my frigidaire dishwasher. I know it was a while ago that you installed the dishwasher, but I wonder if you remember how you secured the dishwasher to the countertop? I am a novice installer doing it myself, and the instructions are not clear to me on this step. There are those two long metal pieces protruding from the top of the dishwasher (as seen in your first picture) and I can’t figure out how you screw those things in underside of the countertop when the dishwasher is already pushed in. If you recall, please let me know!

LukeLewis

Reaction score
I found this page on google when trying to get help on installing my frigidaire dishwasher. I know it was a while ago that you installed the dishwasher, but I wonder if you remember how you secured the dishwasher to the countertop? I am a novice installer doing it myself, and the instructions are not clear to me on this step. There are those two long metal pieces protruding from the top of the dishwasher (as seen in your first picture) and I can’t figure out how you screw those things in underside of the countertop when the dishwasher is already pushed in. If you recall, please let me know!
If memory serves, you need to open the dishwasher door to have access to those. Once the door is open, you will have the room to screw them to the underside of the counter top.

15Katey

Reaction score
I just bought one of these (exact model) – a bit surprised your post was so long ago since I bought mine new. I did get the 5 year extended warranty (we have a black cloud and have used them on all three of our previous new appliances and its paid for itself time and time again). This however is our first new dishwasher so we’re excited.

I’d just like to know how you like it and how its worked for you. Our main reasons for this model was the price, it was black and as far as features, we are an easy family, we just wanted one that was a quieter runing unit, had heat or air dry funtions (I was suprised how many didnt offer both), delay switch as our family needs this for teenage boy shower time so we load early and run after everyone is in bed, and mostly, gets the dishes clean. We replaced a Frigidaire Gold Quite Clean and loved it, we bought our home 6 years ago and it worked perfect until a few days ago when it the main pump got LOAD and stopped working, we don’t know how old it was, just that it was here when we moved in so we can’t complain about it.

Please give me your honest opinion.

Frigidaire Dishwasher Installation was posted on 09-24-2021 by LukeLewis in the Home Forum forum.